Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Make Him Happy!!!


It's the little things that make a great marriage and the father of your children happy.  My bible study leader said she was listening to this speaker and he said he knew his marriage had taken a dramatic turn for good when he opened the refrigerator and saw all his favorite foods in it...Wow!  So simple but so meaningful to him. 

So beginning today, figure out how to make your husband feel special and not just for one day but on a consistent basis. Ask him what pleases him. 

When I decided I wanted to please Ken, I asked him how I could do that ~ 

He wanted me to iron his shirts...simple, really. 

He likes it when I pick up his dirty dishes next to his chair or hug him when he walks by. 

He loves it when I smile at him when he walks in the room. 

 He likes to hold my hand when we walk. 

He likes to know where I am going when I go someplace. 

He likes it when I clean his study. 

He likes it when I really listen to him and don't interrupt. 

He loves it when I respect his opinion and not argue with him.

He likes it when I walk with him on the beach!

It's all these little things that is making our marriage so much better and it is good, very, very good.  Try to make every day special for your husband!  Ask him what makes him happy since you can't read his mind. Your children will benefit greatly and learn from your example to treat others better than themselves. They will also be modeled serving others and learning to please others, especially their spouse when they get married.

He that is married cares for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife. She that is married cares for the things of the world, how she may please her husband. 
I Corinthians 7:33,34