Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

My dad is 80 years old today! He has been a very good dad...faithful, loving, and hard working. I never had to worry if he was going to come home or not. I never had to worry if he loved me. He refused to let my mom work. He knew her place was in the home taking care of us three girls. He attended church faithfully every Sunday. He was usually involved in some type of Bible study or small group. He is an honest man, full of integrity. When I was so ill all those years, he was always there finding me the best doctors and nursing me to health. I could always count on him for anything. I love him very much and I am so thankful that he pointed me to Jesus by the life that he lived.

Being Easter Sunday, I also have to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for loving me so much that He paid the penalty for all of my sin by taking God's wrath upon Himself so that I could have life abundantly, not only now but forever. Nothing else makes me happier than to know who I am in Christ and all the riches I have in Him!

He is not here; for he is risen, even as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Matthew 28:6