Saturday, May 28, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect

Practice makes perfect.  Practice having a merry and thankful heart...You can practice joy and thanksgiving just as easily (as practicing discord), and certainly with more pleasure. 

Every day, every right response makes the fingers of your soul find the notes of joy and thanksgiving easier and easier...Learn to enjoy life. Be thankful. Smile.

When you catch yourself becoming irritated or disturbed at circumstances, stop and laugh at the little things that steal your peace.  Count your blessings and learn to be appreciative.
Debi Pearl

I practiced the piano for 17 years...17 LONG years!  I even took it in college.  I am NOT musically talented at all, so it was difficult for me.  But guess what...I became a pretty good piano player.  I could play Bach and Beethoven like no body's business. However, I NEVER play anymore, because it just isn't my talent and I didn't enjoy it  but it proved to me that you can do whatever you set your mind to as long as you are willing to practice. 

Well, eight years ago, I set my mind to being cheerful and thankful.  It wasn't my natural disposition but with practice, I am pretty good at it.  I am sure my family would agree.  Life is SO much better being happy and thankful.  Try practicing it today.  It makes life a whole lot more fun!