Friday, July 29, 2011

Wake Up Happy!


This can be very difficult for me (but not for Emma!).  Two years ago, I had my neck fused.  A disk was pushing into my spinal cord causing pain throughout my whole body.  The disk is off of the spinal cord now but the nerve pain that it caused, persists.  Especially if I do too much, which isn't hard to do.

When I wake up and feel the pain, I am tempted to go, "Dang!  It still hurts.  I am so frustrated with this pain..."  Ooppss!  Then I remember I can control my thoughts and I started thinking,  "This is the day that the Lord hath made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it!"  I can actually start thinking happy thoughts and reminding myself of all of God's promises.  It isn't always easy, but it is always good.

It is easy to forget how much control we have over our thoughts.  God gave us self-control through the Holy Spirit and freedom of choice.  We can choose life or we can choose death.  Start choosing life producing thoughts.  It makes life a lot easier to get through.  Dwell on the good things in life.  Turn off the bad things.

Happy are the people with such [blessings]. Happy are the people whose God is the Lord. Psalm 144:15

Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:  Psalm 146:5

If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.  John 13:17

I LOVE how the King James Version uses "happy" in a lot of verses!  I have heard that God doesn't want us to be happy, but joyful.  I have a hard time distinguishing the two.  People around us see "happy", so let us choose to be happy!

Follow Me Back Tuesday