Monday, July 11, 2011

A Woman's Sensibilities

"We ladies are more inclined to trust in our feelings and intuition than are men, which makes us more subject to deception...That a man is less sensitive than a woman does not make him inferior to her, nor does her being more subject to deception than her husband make her inferior to him - just different." (Debi Pearl)

There was a young woman I know who fell madly in love with this young man.  I thought he was perfect for her, but my husband did not.  He loved Jesus, he worked in ministry, he loved people, but there were some things that Ken greatly distrusted.  It upset me so much!  I would try to convince him over and over again about how great this guy was for this girl.  We argued about it a lot because I knew I was right and he was wrong.  Well guess what, he was totally right!!!  Boy, did I have to put my tail between my legs...It sure wasn't fun. 

I am not saying that men are always right, but a lot of times they are.  They tend to look at the larger picture than women.  God created us differently and we both have our strengths and weaknesses, but just because we are more sensitive and emotional, doesn't mean we know better.

Let your husband lead.  If he makes mistakes, he will learn from them, but at least your relationship will be intact and strong.  That is much more important than being right!

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. (Ephesians 5:23)