Friday, September 2, 2011

"It Feels So Good!"

This is what Ken said to me yesterday...We are holding each other accountable about a few things...eating only "our portion", exercising, etc. {We do have some secrets!}  He said this because it does feel good to be disciplined and in control of your own self.

That got me to thinking how good it feels to walk in obedience to God.  His ways are so good!  Walking in disobedience brings guilt, shame, disgust, etc.  The world makes us want to believe that God's ways are boring, but that is far from the truth.

The more I have learned to respect and submit to my husband, the happier I am...

The more I have chosen to be happy and thankful, the happier I am...

The more I have learned to control my thoughts and my tongue, the happier I am..

You see, this world wants to make us think that it's pleasures will bring happiness, but they are only short-term...very short term happiness.

God's ways bring long term happiness...a good marriage, a happy family, friends who enjoy being with you, a fit body, no guilt, no shame, ...

So I encourage you to walk in the Spirit.  If you are a believer ~ 

when Christ was nailed to that cross, you were nailed to that cross, 

when He was crucified, you were crucified, 

when He was buried, you were buried, 

when He rose again, you rose again, 

and when He was seated at the right hand of God, you were seated at the right hand of God.  

Your past is dead and buried.  

You are a new creature in Christ.  

Start walking in newness in life..

Christ came to set you free..  

Believe it...

Walk in it!

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:  that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life..For he that is dead is freed from sin...Likewise reckon {believe} you also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  
Romans 6:4,7,11

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins has quickened us together with Christ, {by grace you are saved} and has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.  
Ephesians 2 4-6

Things I am thankful for ~

Who I am in Christ!
A thunder and lightning storm in Southern California
A little bit of rain, too!
Family gathering for my birthday
A quiet Sunday spent with my husband
Walking on the beach
Bible Study at church starting tomorrow
Learning through trials
God's faithfulness