Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ashton's Desire For A Wife


Right after the divorce of Ashton and Demi was announced, an article in the paper wrote this~

And what might be the most revealing comment of all, Kutcher remarked, "I could never be with a woman who felt like she needs to change me."

I have news for Ashton, the majority of women he will date or marry in the future will want to change him. Isn't it amazing that even a Hollywood star would say that acceptance is the most important thing in a relationship to him?

The first secret in The Secrets Of Fascinating Womanhood is to accept them just the way they are and don't try to change them.  This is the husband's greatest desire, but it seems to be the hardest thing for women to do.

I love to be accepted as I am. The best friends in my life have accepted me just the way that I am and loved me for who I am. {Thanks, Sandy and Terri!} They never spent any time trying to change me. We are commanded by God to treat others the way we want to be treated.

For some reason, most of us are pretty good about that until we get married, then we want to change many things about our husbands. I guess it is because we think we are so superior to them and know much better than them. Or do any of you have another explanation as why most wives become so dissatisfied with their husbands after they marry them?  

So when they eat with their mouth open, keep the lid of the toilet up, get angry and complain all throughout football games, yell at the referees, throw their wet towels on the floor, put the kids to bed with clothes on, eat too much, drive too fast, swear at another driver, chew tobacco, whatever, let them be. 

You are not his mother.  He had a mother.  He wants a wife! Your job is to make him happy, not holy.  God does a better job at that.

Don't you want your husband to feel this way about you all the days of his life ~

May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.   
Proverbs 5:18