Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Brand New Home


Ken and I walk around the neighborhood everyday for 45 minutes.  We kill four birds with one stone ~ fresh air, sunshine, exercise and good communication!  As we walk, we pass this home that was terribly abused by its owners.  It was a dump!  I think they were kicked out. 

You would be amazed at all the junk they had in their home.  Everything they had was dumped in the front yard and it was all junk.  They had to bring huge dump trucks to get rid of it all.  Now the renovation is going on.  They tented it to get rid of all the termites.  They tore out all the guts of the home and are painting it and putting in all new appliances.  It is fun to go by it every day and see what new things they are doing to fix it up and look pretty again.

Some people think that is what happens when you become a believer.  God gives you a good cleaning out and a renovation.  This process can take many years.  I have to disagree. 

According to Scripture, the moment we believe we become a new creation, old things are passed away {II Corinthians 5:17}.  Our old home is completely demolished, including the foundation.  A whole new foundation is set down {Jesus Christ} and on this Rock is built a brand new home! 

Our old home was crucified with Christ, buried with Him, we rose again with Him, and are now sitting on the right hand of God {Colossians 2:10-13, Ephesians 2:5,6}.  We have been rescued from the power of darkness and set into the Kingdom of His dear Son {Colossians 1:13}.  The Holy Spirit comes to live in you and gives you the power to live this new life!  It is truly a miracle.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20