Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cheap Clothes Stain Remover


This is a fabulous stain remover for clothes. I have used it on every type of clothing. You simply add equal parts of ammonia, dish soap and water into a spray bottle. Saturate the stain with the mixture and allow it to sit for a few hours and then wash as normal. It has taken out every stain I have ever tried it on!

For mirrors, counters, and windows, I use this cheap and non-toxic all purpose cleaner in a spray bottle.  It works amazingly well!

For sinks and bathtubs, I love Bar Keepers Friend.  It is non-toxic with no smell as compared to Comet or Ajax and it cleans just as good.

HERE is my take on liquid verses powdered homemade laundry detergents.

You want to keep as many chemicals out of your homes as possible, including all the anti-bacterial products.   I have read that indoor air is more polluted than outdoor air.  Open your windows whenever you have the chance to let fresh air in.  We always sleep with a window open.

My best tip for cleaning is to simplify!  Get rid of STUFF!  Throw or give away everything you haven't used for a year.  If you have plates you haven't used, give them to somebody who can use them.  If you have lots of clothes you don't wear, give them to someone who will wear them.  Don't have so many toys for your children.  Have them watch you and work with you.  This makes them develop a work ethic and develops their intellect!

These are just a few of my cleaning tips, simple and cheap!