Sunday, April 8, 2012

Keep Earning His Love


How many people just let themselves go {physically, emotionally, and mentally} after they get married???  Way too many.  I don't think that is right at all.  When you are trying to win your future husband or wife, you are on your best behavior.  You prove that you have the ability to dress good, smell good, and act very good.  You CAN do it.

Once you get married, you need to continue to dress good, smell good, and act very good.  I use to think that because Ken married me, I could act any way I wanted to and it was real ugly.  I thought because he was a strong Christian man he would stay with me no matter how I acted.  This is very bad thinking.

A lot of women lose their husbands with this thinking.  I was very fortunate that Ken stayed with me.  He never wanted to live apart from his children.  He always wanted to be a father to them even if there was no romance in our marriage.  Isn't that sad, yet how many couples do you know that are the same way?

Keeping your love alive in your marriage needs to be much more important.  Keeping someone loving you takes work.  You can't expect others to love you when you act poorly just because you're you.  They won't.  You need to earn other's love and that includes your spouse's love.

So don't let yourself go once you get married.  Keep working out.  Keep looking good, especially now that someone gets to see you naked all the time!  Smell good.  Act good.  Be kind, gentle, forgiving, and loving.  I Corinthians is all about love.  For some reason, most of us forgot that this relates to loving our spouses also.  Love your spouse.  Keep loving your spouse.

Love endures long and is patient and kind;  love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy...bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails. 
I Corinthians 13:4,7