Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Husband Serves Me


Yes, he does.  I write a lot about wives submitting to their husbands and serving them, but I just wanted to let you know that my husband serves me.  All those years of illness {parasites, brain tumor, and neck fusion}, he served me.  He did anything he could to get me well. 

He works very hard and makes a good living for our family.  He is generous with everybody.  When my neck is hurting, he is always willing to give me a good massage or anyone else in town that needs one.  Even when he goes on his consulting trips, if anyone has a headache, he will massage their head until it feels better. 

If anyone ever needs help, they call Ken.  He is a very intelligent guy and can usually figure anything out.  When a neighbor's husband is gone and she hears something in the house,  he will go over and make sure there isn't a stranger in the home. 

If another neighbor has computer problems or water leaks, she calls and sees if Ken can come down and fix it.  He serves other people.  He serves me.  He serves our children.  He is a servant.  I am blessed. 

If you have a husband that is a servant, praise God.  If you have a husband who doesn't serve, start serving him.  As you love and serve him, he will see Jesus in you and start getting hungry for this God inside of you that makes you so loving and kind. 

God's ways work.  The more I have learned to serve, the happier I have become.  Teach your children to serve.  Serve them with joy.  Most importantly, serve the Lord with joy and thanksgiving. 

This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
Psalm 118:24