Sunday, May 20, 2012

Making Him Eat Healthier


This was our biggest area of disagreement.  All he wanted to eat was doughnuts and pizza.  I was raised on organic, healthy food.  I thought by being angry and manipulative with him, he would start eating better.  I justified my anger because I wanted him to be healthy.  He was killing himself by the way he ate.

It didn't work too well.  He would hide his junk food and not tell me what he ate at work.  When we would go out to eat, I would ruin the dinner if he ordered something I didn't like.  {This is hard to type...Some of you have told me I am too hard on myself.  I want to be honest with my faults in hopes of sparing many of you from making the same stupid mistakes I made.}

He started having health problems and started eating better.  He eats pretty healthy now.  He has my salad, a big one, every day.  He studies health now and tells other people about eating healthy.

One of the young woman I mentor is really getting into homemaking.  She's making kefir, salad, homemade salad dressing, roasted chicken, and even my homemade bread.  Her husband wouldn't eat any of it.  He only likes Mexican food.

I went to mentor her one day.  She told me to look at her table.  On it were some bottles of medicine.  She told me he has very high cholesterol and a bacteria in his body.  He studied what he needs to do to get his cholesterol down and he found it was all the foods she has been making!  Doesn't God have a great sense of humor!

We can't change our husbands...Let me say that again.  We CAN'T change our husbands.  We sure wouldn't want someone trying to change us.  Just eat as healthy as you can.  Fix food he wants and pray.  Let the Lord convict him about his eating habits {or maybe health problems will} but don't you preach at him.  It's very bad on a marriage.

Love..does not behave badly, seeks not her own.
I Corinthians 13