Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Mom Loves My Dad


Yes, she truly loves him.  I am going to tell you about their relationship as a lesson to all of you.  They have not had a happy marriage.  My mom was never mentored by an older woman how to love her husband.  I wasn't either.  I kind of blame the church for dropping the ball on that one.  There just aren't many older women out there teaching younger women how to love their husbands.

My dad was a doctor and worked really hard.  He was an only child and she was one of seven.  When I was just born, my dad moved her away from her family to California for his job.  He was hardly ever home.  When he was home, they would argue.

My dad attended church faithfully and read us Bible stories.  He loved Jesus.  They will be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary in June.  My mom reads my blog every day.  She now says she tries very hard to never be mad at my dad.

She really loves him now.  She only speaks good of him.  She realizes how hard he works, even now at the ripe old age of 81.  He has always been faithful to her.  She tells me how sweet he is and how he scratches her back and cuddles with her every night.

She is so sad it took her this long to realize all the wonderful qualities that he possesses.  She wishes someone had told her long time ago that she shouldn't argue with him or be mad at him all the time.  She regrets ever thinking and speaking negatively about him.

See, it is never too late to have a great marriage.  They love going out to eat together and spending time together.  Don't wait until you are old and gray to love your husband.  Love him now.  My mom is very teachable and has always wanted to please the Lord.  She never realized that her behavior was wrong until she was taught.

She has been an incredible mother. All her grandchildren adore her.  She is fun and generous.  She loves everyone and everyone loves her.  She has always been my best friend.  She has helped me raise my children and been with me through all my health trials.  I love her so much and am so happy that she is enjoying her final years happily married to my dad.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

Her children arise up, and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her. 
Proverbs 31:29