Thursday, July 26, 2012

Suffering Is A Part Of Life


A neighbor friend of mine, Yrena, was walking her dog and saw me on the balcony.  In the mornings, I sit on my front balcony which faces the east.  I sit in the warmth of the morning sun.  She looked up to me and told me how much patience I must have to suffer as I do.  I told her that Jesus gives me daily strength and will lead me through. 

After she left, I realized how much she has suffered in life.  Shortly after we all moved into our new homes 14 years ago, her husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  She was a high-powered career woman at this time.  During his battle with the cancer, they both came to believe in Jesus.  He died shortly afterwards but those few precious months with her husband as a believer were priceless.

All of her priorities changed after believing in Jesus.  Her career was no longer her life.  She got involved in a church and taught her children the ways of God.  However, she went through several very turbulent relationships that were heart breaking for her.

Her son Eric, one of Steven's very good friends, lost his eye will surfing several years ago.  He just married an incredible, godly young woman and is preparing to be a pastor.  Her daughter, Hayley, married several years ago.  Her husband is a pastor also and they both walk with Jesus.

God has blessed her life abundantly even through her many trials.  The loss of her husband brought her, along with her children, to Jesus.  She is now married to a wonderful man.  She knows what the Bible means when it states All things work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.
Romans 8:28

Everyone suffers in this life.  No one gets through pain free.  Knowing Jesus and that He has it all under control is very comforting as we go through the storms of life.

If you have surrendered yourself to Christ, your present circumstances that seem to be pressing so hard against you are the perfect tool in the Father's hand to chisel you into shape for eternity.  So trust Him and never push away the instrument He is using, or you will miss the result of His work in you life. {Streams in the Desert}