Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Being Cynical Accomplishes Nothing




The dictionary defines cynical as bitterly or sneeringly distrustful, contemptuous or pessimistic.

Several years ago, I felt like this nation was ready to fall off a cliff.  I was scared.  I no longer thought voting would help.  I just knew we were going into a major depression.  There was no hope for our nation.  Evil and oppression was taking over.

I have changed my mind.  What use is it to be discouraged and pessimistic?  I have decided to smile at the future as the Proverbs 31 woman does, vote, and pray.  I will work hard and be joyful always.  I will think the best of others and hope for the best.

We always have hope.  God is still sovereign and on His throne.  He is still in complete control.  I no longer worry about the future or the price of gas.  I may not be here tomorrow so why not enjoy today for This is the day that the Lord hath made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it. {Psalm 118:24}  Life is too short to spend time worrying about what might happen tomorrow.

The just shall live by faith.  {Galatians 3:11}

Faith that God is in control

Faith that He is our Protector and Provider.

Faith that He has plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  {Jeremiah 29:11}

Therefore, we have nothing to fear or be cynical about!  The story has been written.  We know how it ends and it ends so good ~

Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:   for the former things are passed away.
Revelation 21:3,4