Monday, September 10, 2012

Definition Of Keeper At Home


Whenever I write on this topic, I get a lot of comments disagreeing with me.  I am told in God's Word to teach the young women with children to be keepers at home and that is what I am attempting to do. 

My definition of keeper at home is a mother who is mostly at home taking good care of her husband, children, and home.  I had a mother that was home full-time growing up and I loved it.  My dad refused to let my mom work outside of the home. 

Every day I would come home from school and yell "Hi Mom!" and tell her all about my day.  Lots of my friends loved coming to my home because it was warm and homey.  When I went to my friend's homes where their moms worked, it felt cold and uniniviting.  I could sense a huge difference between the two. 

I was home full-time for my children and I loved it.  They loved it.  They loved being taken care of and trained by me.  They knew I was always there to help them whenever they needed me for anything.  It gave them a sense of security in this very insecure world. 

So this is my view on this topic from my childhood years and the years of my children's growing up years.  You can argue the definition of being a keeper at home however you want but I, as an older women, am teaching you what I think it means. 

If you don't agree with me, that is your right.  You will stand before God with the way you lived your life, not me.  I don't pretend to know everything.  I just study and observe a lot and love to share my views as what I see works best. 

I don't believe in quality time verses quantity time.  Children need both.  Children need their mothers.  They need them to feed them healthy, discipline them, and protect them.  This is what I think is meant when the Bible says that mothers need to be keepers at home or they blaspheme the Word of God. 

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children. To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Titus 2:4,5