Sunday, May 19, 2013

Our Purpose In Life



It is to glorify God.  This is what I have always heard.  What exactly does that look like?  I know the greatest commands God gave us were to love Him and love others.  Don't we show our love for God by loving others?  Don't we show love to others by serving them?  Isn't the greatest of all the servant of all?

So I think our purpose in life is to love others.  Truly love others by serving them.  In this way we are showing the world we love God.

Someone can know the Bible backwards and forwards and win every theological argument, but if he isn't loving others, it means nothing.

A wife can wake early every morning, read her Bible, pray for an hour, attend Bible studies and church but if she isn't loving her husband, it means nothing.

We must show the world who God is by loving them, serving them.  When we see a need, try and meet it.  Love your husband.  Love your children.  Love your in-laws and neighbors.  Love all those God puts into your path.

This, I believe, is our purpose in life.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains,
and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor,
and though I give my body to be burned,
and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three;
but the greatest of these is charity.
I Corinthians 13:2,3,13 

Making Your Home Sing