Monday, June 10, 2013

His Outdated Grandmother


My grandmother is the antithesis of what our feminist foes want every girl to be.  She goes to the gym every day, despite being 70+ years old.  She cooks massive delicious meals every time from scratch, feeding everyone in the family with plenty of leftovers. She cleans, takes care of her husband and never complains. She is what used to be the epitome of a housewife.

He {my grandfather} works everyday from 8am-6pm and comes home tired to his wife.  But given her traditional ways, he absolutely and utterly loves her. He brings her flowers from time to time, and grandmother is genuinely excited every time. He tells her he loves her. There is no “beta” here, because this is the true nature of man and woman, the former the provider of security and the latter the provider of family. Traditional gender roles foster actual love.

When I am at these dinners despite the fantastic satiety I inevitably feel I do get sad. I think about how this is very unlikely to happen for me in America. I start wondering if these brainwashed girls here realize that they are sacrificing their true happiness for some fabricated ideal of the independent female. But most of all I feel bad for any son I may eventually have — as by the time he will be dating, even these smaller sects of non-corrupted females will have died out and eventually become like the dodo…extinct.

The man who wrote these words isn't a believer, I don't think. Believer or unbeliever, however, most men long for wives like his grandmother. A wife who is joyful, cares about how she looks, and loves taking care of him.

The Bible always turns out to be right. This grandmother fits the definition of the Proverbs 31 woman and the women the New Testament encourages women to be. When women lived like this, society was a much better place. Husbands and children were well cared for and much happier.

So what if you are outdated. You are biblical and that is all that matters, pleasing our Lord and Savior. Be that extinct wife and mother and show the world that it is still very much in style.  Then pass it down to your daughters so men will still be able to find wives that enjoy the traditional, biblical roles.

I will therefore that the younger women marry, 
bear children, guide the house,
 give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 
I Timothy 5:14