Friday, July 5, 2013

Delicious Green Smoothie


Do you have a hard time getting your husband and children to eat enough fruits and vegetables?  I think I may have the solution!  I have tried blended salads before and I didn't like them at all so I always juiced my vegetables.  Cassi came home the other day and told me about a blended salad she made and actually loved!

Later on, I made one and loved it!  Finally!  I think you will also.  There is no exact science to it and you can make it different every day or find out which way your family likes it best, trying all kinds of ingredients.  Here are the ingredients we use~

3 leaves of kale

2 leaves of romaine lettuce

1/4 cup parsley

1 stalk celery

1/2 apple 

1 frozen banana

Juice of one orange

Juice of half a lemon

1/2 cup kefir or yogurt

Squirt of stevia

Ice Cubes

Blend it up real good in a blender.  We have a VitaMix which is the best blender ever!  It is heavy duty and lasts a long time.  It can blend anything up it is so powerful.  Yes, it is expensive but we use it every day multiple times so it is completely worth it.

By the river on its bank, on one side and on the other, 
will grow all kinds of trees for food. 
Their leaves will not wither and their fruit will not fail. 
They will bear every month 
because their water flows from the sanctuary, 
and their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing.
Ezekiel 47:12