Thursday, July 25, 2013

Problems With Manipulation Techniques


The problem with most marriage books and blogs is they often promote manipulation techniques to get a husband to do what a wife wants instead of teaching a wife to have a gentle and quiet spirit that loves, serves, and is submissive to her husband.

I recently posted the above paragraph on facebook and told Ken. He said that a wife should be able to make a request to her husband once a month if she wants something from him.  I told him my life has been SO much better since I didn't expect anything from him.

I have learned to just focus upon becoming the woman God wants me to be, not the man God wants Ken to be.  I have learned not to put any expectations upon Ken about anything.  I have learned to just let him be and allow the Lord to change him.

I use to want Ken to adore me and say nice things to me.  I use to want many things from him and I was miserable.  Now that I just focus upon serving him and trying to please him and just think of ways to change myself, we are both much happier.

I read those blogs that tell you how you can get your husband to be more romantic or help around the house more or treat you better, etc.  There's always some type of formula {manipulation} in order to get what you want from your man.

I prefer to just teach the ways of God and what He expects from godly women.  He wants us to know Him and let His Word dwell in us richly.  He wants us to deny ourselves and think more highly of others than ourselves.  He wants us to be servants and be willing to serve others.

Taking our eyes off of our husbands and what we want from them is a very good thing.  Life becomes so much simpler.  Keep your eyes upon Jesus.  Draw closer to Him and allow Him to make you into the woman He desires.  Then watch how you will reap what you sow.

Let it be the hidden person of the heart, 
with the imperishable quality 
of a gentle and quiet spirit, 
which is precious in the sight of God.
I Peter 3:4

***I am not saying you shouldn't ever let your desires be known to your husband but I bet most of them know all of your desires after several years of marriage!