Friday, July 12, 2013

She's Flying The Coop


My precious daughter, Cassi, is leaving home for somewhere far away.  She wants to experience something new.  She has lovingly cared for me the past five years through all of my health problems.  I will miss her greatly but I definitely want her to go where the Lord leads her.

She has a big heart for the Lord.  She has always loved Him and if you spend any time with her at all, you can tell it is genuine.  All that she is, she gives glory to God.

I was thinking this morning how deeply I love her.  How can you not help but love someone that has served you selflessly for years without complaining?  Yesterday, I posted about being a carnal wife.  On my facebook page, one woman wrote, "I can't imagine fighting with my precious hubby; I just can't!"

She loves her husband too much to argue with him.  Oh, if we could all love each other like that and serve selflessly like Cassi what a magnificent example we would be to the world.  If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know that my passion is to save marriages and make them strong.

So, yes, I will miss Cassi  and her sweet presence terribly.  My health is still not very good.  I still struggle daily trying to figure out how to get well but I know the Lord will take care of me.  He always has and He always will.

I love you, Cassi, and I know you are in the palm of our mighty Savior's hands.  May He bless you abundantly as you seek to serve and please Him.  

The Lord bless you and keep you;
 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26