Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Perfect Husband



My dear husband says he loves me as Christ loves the church.  How did Christ love the church?  He gave Himself up.  A husband protects.  A husband set standards in a home.  A husband is loving and very tender, yet strong and hard working.  My dear husband says that I can request anything from him anytime.  He loves to know what is on my mind.

This was a comment left by one of my readers on a post about husbands being the leader {or boss, as I like to say!} of the home and instead of wives requesting things from their husbands all the time to learn to accept them the way that they are and allow God to change them.

This woman has a great husband!  Her words are exactly why most marriage books didn't work for me.  They would give a description of what a husband was suppose to be like and it would make me upset with Ken because I didn't think he was loving me as Christ loved the church.

It is wonderful if you have a husband like the woman describes above. However, if you don't, my admonition to you is to forget about it and concentrate on changing you.  The majority of husbands don't live up to their wives' expectations which leads to a disintegration of the marriage.

Isn't it interesting that nowhere in the Bible does it admonish older men to train younger men to love their wives?  I think it is because women are the pulse in the marriage.  Women have great influence in a marriage in determining if it is going to be a good or bad marriage.

If you work on becoming the godly wife and mother that God wants you to become and allow God to change your husband, your marriage will improve.  I have seen it happen over and over again.

So, yes, be thankful if you have a husband like the one the woman above describes but if you don't, don't become discontent and argumentative.  Instead, every day put on the full armor of God and win your husband without a word.

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands, 
that if any obey not the word, 
they also may without the word be won 
by the conversation {lifestyle} of the wives.
I Peter 3:1