Thursday, September 19, 2013

My Friend Who Can


A bunch of frogs were given the challenge of climbing to the top of a pinnacle.  Along the way, many onlookers were yelling, "You'll never make it!"  "This is way too difficult for you."  In the end, only one frog made it to the top.  Later, they found out he was deaf and didn't hear the naysayers.

My friend, Patty {the one on the left}, contracted a bacterial infection many years ago.  They had to amputate her legs above the knees, her fingers just below the knuckles, and had skin grafts over 60% of her body.  If you want to hear her incredible testimony, listen to it HERE.  {You must scroll down on the right side to KA Weekly Messages and look for the message on 8/17/13 called Patty Kolb.  It is well worth your time!}

She shared this frog story in her testimony.  She has been through a lot in her life.  In spite of all of her trials and tribulations, she is a testimony to God's strength and His glory.

This frog story reminded me of my dad.  He is ALWAYS optimistic with me and the outcome of all my health problems.  It is so easy to get depressed and think dimly of my future but my dad always tells me I am going to be fine.  He gives me hope.  Hope is a wonderful thing.

Patty encourages her listeners to not listen to the naysayers or the pessimistic people in your life.  When asking all these doctors if she would ever walk again, only one out of many said, "If she wants to."  Not one other doctor gave her any hope!  All she needed was that one doctor who did.

If you have people in your life going through trials, always speak words of hope and encouragement to them.  Weep and mourn with them, but then remind them of all of God's promises.  We are more than conquerors through Christ who strengthens us!

Patty's favorite verse is from Isaiah 43:1,2 ~

Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.