Saturday, November 2, 2013

Dangers Of Anti-Depressants


Dr. Oz had a show recently on the dangers of anti-depressants.  Someone very close to me was put on them many years ago due to heart palpitations and anxiety.  She has tried weaning herself off of them for many years and has had a horrible time of it.  These drugs have literally stolen her life from her.

Last year when I was in a lot of pain, I took a strong pain killers for awhile.  Little did I know that it had an anti-depressant in it.  The reason I have been able to make it through the past 25 years in pain was due to having a strong mind.  I am able to renew my mind with God's truth and reason myself through the pain.

While on that drug, I lost the ability to do that and it was horrible.  It took me two weeks after stopping taking it to rid my self of the withdrawal symptoms.  I have decided I would rather live in pain instead of on pain killers and all the side effects that come with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if most, if not all, of the mass murders in the past ten years have been committed by men who were on anti-depressants.  There has probably been a steep rise in suicides also since one of the side effects is suicide.

Dr. Oz said that many women are on anti-depressants now.  It is a becoming more and more common.  If I was ever diagnosed with depression, I would do many things before I would even think about taking an anti-depressant.

Change your diet dramatically to a healthy diet without chemicals in it. Eat more sun-dried salt like Himalayan salt which has more than 80 different micronutrients.
Get out in the sunshine a lot and exercise.  Read the Bible more and listen to the news less.  Dr. Mercola has some great information on anti-depressants and alternative treatment HERE. 
Before you take any drugs or have them given to your children, study them carefully and all the side effects.  Then make an informed decision whether taking the drug is worth the risk.  I realize depression is a horrible illness to bear but consider carefully your route to trying to get well.  The drug route may make you worse.

For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, 
and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

Matt Walsh wrote a great piece about ADHD HERE.

***Remember, I'm NOT a doctor. I'm just a homemaker who loves to research 
natural cures and have found many that have worked for my family and me. Information I have given is for educational and informational purposes only and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Nothing you read here should be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or course of treatment.