Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Young And Madly In Love


Ken and I mentored Erin and Taylor a few years back.  They were 21 years old at the time and had been in love since they were 16.  Both of them had very teachable spirits and wanted to do the marriage thing right.

They got married in July of 2011.  They were just blessed with adorable identical twin girls.  She began a blog and wrote a post 21 Interesting Facts About Me.  The several that caught my eye were ~

My goal in life is to be a Titus 2 wife.
It's pretty disgusting how much I love my husband.
I hope to one day, if it's in God's will for us to do premarital counseling.  God created marriage to be such a beautiful thing and I believe he wants everyone to truly enjoy tit.
I love my life as a wife and stay at home momma.

I follow her on Facebook.  She consistently raves about her husband and loving marriage.  Yes, she's only been married a few years but she could mentor many older women who have been married for many years on how to do marriage right.  It doesn't matter how old you are or how long you've been married, when you obey God and do things His way, you reap His blessings.  They are reaping His blessings at a very young age.

She knows how to love and obey her husband.  She wants to please Taylor and make him happy. She understands the value of being a keeper at home.  Her twins are two very blessed little girls who were brought into this world with parents who are deeply committed to the institution of marriage and each other.

Erin makes being married look easy.  I am sure it is not always easy and she fails at times, but she knows the right path, the narrow path, and has chosen to walk on it and someday her husband and children are going to rise up and call her blessed.

Enjoy life with the woman whom you love 
all the days of your fleeting life which 
He has given to you under the sun; 
for this is your reward in life, 
and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:9