Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Lord Had Mercy Upon Me


Three weeks before the wedding, I got very sick.  It started with my head pain being almost unbearable.  Then my sensitive gut acted up so I sat around home all day with an ice pack on my head and a heating pad on my gut.  It was getting closer and closer to the wedding and I was not feeling any better.

A week before the wedding, I finally put out an SOS to all my family and friends that I needed prayer so I would feel good enough to go to the wedding.  As the wedding neared, I was barely having any relief.  We were told that the tumor can swell after radiation and this could be causing the pain or my hormones were going wacky from potential damage to my pituitary.  Regardless of the reason, I was thinking I would not be able to go to the wedding.

The rehearsal dinner was at my home.  Everyone knew that I was unavailable to do much to help.  When my home was filled with the bridal party, my head was throbbing.  I got a pack of ice and went up into my bedroom to ice my head.  About 15 minutes later, I came down and was able to enjoy the evening!

The next day, my head was better but my gut was still not that good.  We got ready for the wedding not knowing how long I would be able to stay.  The wedding began at 3:30 and I was able to stay until 8:30!  The only thing I missed was Ryan and Cassi getting in the car and driving away.

God had mercy upon me and I am so very thankful.  He heard the cry of the many precious people who were lifting me up in prayer.  What a wonderful celebration I was able to witness and so many friends was I able to hug.  God is so very good to me.

The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, 
and his ears are open unto their cry...
The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, 
and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Psalm 34:15,17