Sunday, March 30, 2014

Saying Nothing To Offend Others



This blog offends some people and I wish it did not. Maybe if I could shine the love of Christ more, my words would be better received by others. Trust me, few know more about the life changing power of the gospel than I do, because I had a lot to change when it came to how I treated my husband. Yet it was this same Truth that offended me, that has set me free.

Unfortunately, the gospel offends many people and that part I can do nothing about. Just saying the name of God or worse yet, the name of Jesus, greatly offends many. David Wilkerson wrote a sermon against the "seeker-friendly" churches and I thought I would share a piece of it ~

I listened in horror to a man, who attended one of the largest seeker-friendly churches, being interviewed by CBS. He said, "I come to this church because I'm comfortable. I'm never made to feel uneasy. I bring my Jewish friends and my business friends, and I know nothing will ever be said that will offend them. The best part of it is, the whole thing only lasts an hour." Take it from me: You can get your big church and be one of the big boys, but it's going to cost you your soul if you preach with a focus only on earthly things, rather than on the things of God.

I am the type who likes to hear hard words. I like to be challenged. I read comments on other blogs like, "I love your blog. You never make me feel guilty for working full-time." You won't like my blog then. If you are working full-time and neglecting your husband, children, or home, I don't believe you should be working full-time if you truly don't need to. Maybe there are a few women who can be godly help meets to their husband, train their children to walk in Truth, fix nutritious food, and care for the home while working full-time, but not many. When a few work out of necessity, I know God’s grace surrounds them, but God’s Word does call Christian mothers to be keepers at home.

If you don't want to hear that you are to be submissive to your husband, even if you do not think he is worthy, you will not like reading my blog. I am called by God to teach the younger women to be subject to their husbands and if God’s Word teaches it, I will also. I don't like being comfortable where I am. I always want to grow in the wisdom and in the knowledge of God, especially knowing who I am in Christ.

My purpose in writing this blog is not to offend, but to encourage my readers to begin pondering their ways to see if they line up with the ways of God. I see the seeker-friendly church that has thousands of attendees, makes loads of money, and makes people feel good about life, but endangers their soul. God warns strongly against being lukewarm Christians. Lukewarm means compromising God's Word for the pleasures of this world. Jesus warns against calling Him "Lord, Lord," then not doing what He says.

This is why it is so important to be in His Word every day seeking Truth, knowing God, and the power of the Gospel. Find a church that isn't afraid to teach all of God’s Word systematically, isn't afraid to call sin "sin" and encourages their congregation to walk in obedience to God, in the newness of life. Find a church that teaches who we are in Christ often and encourages you in this way. One that loves the Lord Jesus Christ and desires more than anything to please Him and be like Him.

I pray I can continue to teach the Truth of God's Word boldly and without compromise, yet with much grace. Pray for me that my personality and writing style will not hinder the gospel but will be used by God to touch lives. Please forgive me when my words get in the way of God’s most important message of the Good News, salvation in Christ alone.

So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, 
I will spit you out of My mouth.
Revelation 3:16