Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Deleting Comments and Not Learning


Some readers accuse me of deleting comments, not respecting other's views, and NOT learning, completely opposite of the name of my blog. My blog is a teaching blog. My ministry is to teach Christian young women to love and obey their husbands, be keepers at home, love their children, be sober and good. It is not to garner a bunch of opposing ideas and "what ifs." 

I am always learning but I am learning from God's Word and from those who preach and teach God's Word. I am very selective in who I listen to. I don't just listen and learn from any one so this accusation against me is baseless. I don't desire to learn from a bunch of people who oppose what I teach and try to poke holes in it.

I am also very selective about the comments I allow on my blog. Yes, I allow opposing views but I try not to allow too many because it distracts from the message I am trying to teach. I have written about this before in my post about red herrings. Those are comments that try to pull the readers off track, whereas the comments I am talking about today, simply oppose my message.

That is fine. I am not trying to run any one's life. I am only teaching God's Word as I interpret it and I try to interpret it very literally. I don't want to spend my days continually defending my teachings. If true and honest questions are asked, I love to answer them but when readers disagree to disagree, it wastes both of our time since I am not going to change my mind.

A godly bible teacher or friend or even my husband can exhort and rebuke me and I listen since I know they are full of wisdom and have my best interest at heart. But some reader who really has no interest in the Truth but just wants to tear apart my message will be allowed no place on my blog. There are many other places you can go to and hear the message you want to hear but few teach the things I teach.

I don't like watered down, lukewarm teaching. I love to challenge people with the Truth and have it infiltrate every area of their lives. I desire more than anything to be a godly, submissive help meet to Ken. Is is easy? Not always but I am learning to take rebuke and correction from him easily because I want to learn so badly. I find that the more submissive I am to him, the better our marriage becomes.

Sure, there are a lot of "what ifs" with every thing I teach. This is where wisdom and each couple seeking godly advice comes to play. I try to touch on many things but I may not touch on every "what if" every time. No, wives don't submit if they are asked to sin, allow harm to themselves or their children, or are being physically abused. This should be common sense but common sense seems to have flown out the window these days.

I teach biblical Truth and each of you get to decide how it relates to your specific situation and how to apply it. Pray about it. Discuss it and then come to conclusions. Every one gets to live their lives the way they want. God gave us free will but I want to use my freedom to live for Him. For now on, I will be moderating ALL comments since I am getting numerous accusations and destructive comments. Only those that can contribute positively to the conversation will be allowed. Thank you for your patience!

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: 
for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.
Romans 1:16