Thursday, October 16, 2014

She Gave Up Her Dream Home for Her Dream Life!


Here is another testimony of a woman who decided working outside of the home with children was not worth it ~

I worked two years after having kids, and it was the worst two years of my life. I cried almost daily, my house was never kept up and I would have panic/anxiety attacks on Sunday nights thinking about the week ahead. It was awful. Both my husband and I desperately desired that I stay home, but my husband had been laid off so it wasn't even close to a option. I ended up losing my job because my attention and heart was not at work. My job knew my inner battle and it majorly effected my performance. 

Well, we lost our dream home. Two years later and two more kids {4 total}. We are now living in a different state. My husband has an awesome job he loves and is about to be promoted again. I have never gone back to work and we are living in a house that is literally one third the size of our old house but we couldn't be more happy. I am living my dream life! 

While more space might be nice, all I have to do is think about the past and I am immediately content. I'm so thankful for my life. I'm not superwomen, but my hubby always calls me super wife/mom. He loves how much I am able to get done at home. He loves that he can focus on his career, and he doesn't have to worry about picking kids up from daycare, supper, laundry, cleaning, etc. anymore. 

What has been interesting for me to observe is how God provides when couples step out in faith and have the wife come home full-time. Yes, there is usually many sacrifices financially that the family has to make but how does that compare with a mother being home to raise her children, meet her husband's needs, and provide a warm, happy home for her family? When God commands something, He provides a way for it to happen. Many times it takes stepping out in faith and trusting Him and His ways.

We may not be able to keep up with the Jones but who wants a nice, big home that sits empty all day any ways? There are SO many ways to save money at home as Rhonda so beautifully teaches HERE.

I love hearing the testimonies of women coming home full-time to their families. It is what God intended and is beneficial not only to the wife and family, but benefits all of society. Just remember, what God commands, He always provides a way to accomplish.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly 
above all that we ask or think, 
according to the power that worketh in us.
Ephesians 3:20