Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Biggest Cheerleader!


On my Mom's 84th birthday, I wrote a letter to her. "Perhaps no other activity can move the soul of a loved one more than that of a thoughtfully written letter. It is the least expensive gift we can give, and yet to the recipient, its worth is often priceless" {Miriam Lukken}. My Mom loved it and told me she didn't realize she was that good of a mother to me. Every time my Dad reads it, he cries. Words are VERY powerful. Write your Mother today! Here is the letter I wrote my Mom ~

Dear Mom,

Thank you for the way you raised me. You wanted me to obey you so you spanked me and disciplined me so I would grow up to be a disciplined adult. You always made church a priority and made loving Jesus seem like the best things on earth. You let us know how wonderful sex was but only in the bonds of marriage. You encouraged me to save sex for my wedding night so I could one day stand before the godly man I wanted to marry and tell him that I had saved myself for him.

 Thank you for making life fun: drive-in movies with bags of popcorn and veggies, trips to Door County, Palm Springs, snow skiing, etc. Thank you for loving my friends and boyfriends; for an open-door policy where everyone was welcomed and you loved feeding everyone. Thank you for your generosity and loving to share your wealth with others. But mostly, thank you for loving me and being my biggest cheerleader; always encouraging me and comforting me through my childhood when I had just a few good girlfriends and during my adulthood when I had so much pain and suffering. You're the best mom I could have ever asked for.

I love you,
Lori

Happy Mother's Day!!!

She looks well to the ways of her household, 
and eats not the bread of idleness. 
Her children arise up, and call her blessed; 
her husband also, and he praises her.
Proverbs 31:27, 28